About Grand Master Versland
Grand Master Eric Versland has over 43 years of Martial Arts experience, beginning his training as a very young child under Grand Master Ki Yun Yi of Woodbury, New Jersey. During his 43 years of training, Grand Master Versland has trained with several of the area’s top Martial Artists. After graduating from Widener University with BS in Accounting, Grand Master Versland worked in the corporate world for approximately ten years before opening his first gym in Collegeville and then finally settling into his current location in Royersford.
Throughout his training, Grand Master Versland has distinguished himself at the Regional, National, and International levels. Grand Master Versland was a Gold Medalist in Team Fighting, Silver Medalist in Individual Fighting, and Bronze Medalist in Forms at the 5th International Tang Soo Do Championships in Athens, Greece.
Grand Master Versland has been active in the Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) medaling in both Forms and Fighting at the Regional level. Master Versland is also a National Forms Champion with the AAU in 2000 and the USTL in 2001. Grand Master Versland has taught Tang Soo Do at the commercial and University level and is experienced teaching Women’s Self Defense and Rape prevention. Grand Master Versland is a particularly strong jump and spin kicker and is an accomplished demonstrator. It is hard to find a more dynamic technician in the Art of Tang Soo Do.
Grand Master Versland is currently training under Grand Master Chong Su Kim with the Pan-Am Tang Soo Do Federation out of York, Pa. In September of 2019 Master Versland tested for the rank of 7th Dan and was promoted to the rank of Grand Master in December 2019. Grand Master Versland feels strongly about aligning Legacy with Grand Master Kim, feeling both organizations have the same core beliefs regarding developing students not only physically but developing the student’s positive character traits as well.
About Legacy Karate Academy
Dear Students and Parents:
Welcome to Legacy Karate Academy. Legacy Karate Academy is a premier martial arts school instructing students for over 20 years in quality martial arts in Montgomery County. We pride ourselves on our mission statement, to provide a quality martial arts education in a fun, family environment. Grand Master Eric Versland is excited and looks forward to teaching you all that Tang Soo Do has to offer.
Grand Master Versland holds the rank of 7th degree Black Belt in the art of Tang Soo Do, internationally certified as Grand Master Instructor. Grand Master Versland started his training at a very young age and is an accomplished competitor on a regional, national and international level holding numerous titles in fighting, forms as well as weapons. In addition, Grand Master Versland has years of experience teaching.
Grand Master Versland believes in traditional training that comes in the form of a structured class setting. This emphasizes the discipline, concentration and focus aspects of training. Making training fun and safe so our students look forward to attending class is paramount. Our classes are separated by age and in some cases rank (beginner students vs. advanced students) to ensure the safety of all.
Depending on what you are hoping to achieve through your training, martial arts can serve a variety of purposes. For children, a structured class can teach coordination, balance, agility and strength in relation to size. Along with these attributes, a child can learn hand-eye coordination, self-confidence through achievement, discipline through structure and focus through repetition. These attributes are lifelong benefits to children. For the adult, karate is an excellent way to relieve work related stress, improve flexibility & circulation, and benefit from an interactive form of exercise that allows the student to continually learn and advance.
As anything else in life worth achieving, Martial Arts training takes commitment and discipline. Work hard and there is nothing that cannot be accomplished. Remember, there are two word that our students will never say at Legacy Karate, can’t and never.
Grand Master Versland
Grand Master Versland's Accomplishments
Master Eric Versland currently hold the rank of 7th Degree Black Belt in the art of Tang Soo Do and is celebrating over 20 years of instruction in the Limerick, Royersford, Collegeville area.
- 43 years of Martial Arts experience.
- Holding the rank of 7th Dan (Grand Master) in the art of Tang Soo Do.
- Has competed regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Over 20 years of teaching experience.
- President of Martial Arts Club, Widener University. Has organized and run numerous hall programs for women in self-defense/rape prevention instruction.
- Over 500 tournament wins, with 20 grand champion titles, 3 international titles and over 20 national titles.
- Gold medal in team fighting in the 1993 Tang Soo Do Federation international tournament held in Athens, Greece.
- Silver medal in individual fighting in the 1993 Tang Soo Do Federation international tournament, held in Athens, Greece.
- Bronze medal in forms (Kata) in the 1993 Tang Soo Do Federation international tournament, held in Athens,Greece.
- Silver Medal in fighting in the 1995 Tang Soo Do Federation international tournament.
- Silver Medal in team fighting in the 1995 Tang Soo Do Federation international tournament.
- Silver Medal in fighting in the Pennsylvania State Games, 1994,1995.
- Silver Medal in forms in the Pennsylvania State Games, 1994.
- Bronze medal in forms, Corestates Center 1996 Greater Delaware Valley Karate Championships.
- Bronze medal in middleweight fighting, Corestates 1997 American Cup Championships.
- Participant in 1997 Fitness Fest hosted by WWDB radio, held at the Valley Forge Convention Center.
- 1998 Amateur Athletic Union Silver medalist (forms) in regional competition.
- 1998 Amateur Athletic Union Bronze medalist (fighting) in regional competition.
- 1999 Amateur Athletic Union Silver medalist (middleweight fighting) in regional competition.
- 1999 Amateur Athletic Union Silver medalist (forms) in regional competition.
- 2000 Amateur Athletic Union Silver Medalist (Fighting) regional competition
- 2000 Amateur Athletic Union Bronze Medalist (Forms) regional competition
- 2000 Amateur Athletic Union National Champion Forms Competition (Gold Medal), New Orleans, LA (Competed against 40 other Competitors, 3rd Dan and Up).
- 2001 USTL National Champion Forms Competition (Gold Medal) Memphis, TN
- 2001 USTL Bronze Medallist Weapons Competition Memphis, TN
- 2001 USTL Bronze Medallist Fighting Competition Memphis, TN
- 2001 USTL Bronze Medallist Team Fighting Competition Memphis, TN
- 2002 USTL Gold Medallist Weapons Competition Nashville, TN
- 2002 USTL Silver Medallist Forms Competition Nashville, TN
- 2002 AAU Silver Medallist Forms Competition Greensboro, NC
- 2003 USTL Gold Medallist Weapons Competition San Antonio, TX
- 2003 USTL Gold Medallist Masters Forms Competition San Antonio, TX
- 2003 Tang Soo Do Moo Do Kwan Association International Weapons Champion, San Diego, CA
- 2003 Tang Soo Do Moo Do Kwan Association International Forms Champion, Masters Division, San Diego, CA
- 2004 USTL Gold Medallist Weapons Competition, Michigan
- 2004 USTL Gold Medallist Forms Competition, Michigan
- 2005 USTL Gold Medallist Weapons Competition, Pennsylvania
- 2005 USTL Silver Medallist Forms Competition, Pennsylvania
- 2005 USTL Silver Medallist Individual Sparring Competition, Pennsylvania
SCHEDULE YOUR FREE TRIAL LESSONS
Access Our Schedule & Secure Your Spot!